August 4, 2013
100% Design announces new collaboration with Design Guild Mark
The UK’s largest and longest running contemporary design event 100% Design has announced a new collaboration with The Furniture Makers Company to promote British design excellence through the Design Guild Mark. The Design Guild Mark was introduced by The Furniture Makers Company in 2008 to recognises excellence in the design of mass produced furniture in the UK. Ten of the products which earned a Design Guild Mark will be exhibited at 100% Design this year including products from designers such as Barber Osgerby, Terry Hunt, Mark Gabbertas and James Irvine.
The full list of products that have been awarded the Design Guild Mark and will be on who this year are:
• Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby – The Sofa Collection for Knoll International
• Samuel Chan– Finnieston Bookcase for Channels
• Ali Edwards– Navajo for John Lewis
• Mark Gabbertas – Diabolo for Chorus Furniture
• Mark Gabbertas – Metro for Lyndon Design
• Mark Gabbertas – Mir for Chorus Furniture
• Terry Hunt – UniteSE ‘Spacestation’ for KI
• James Irvine – Juno for Arper
• Je-Uk Kim– Credenza O for JiB design studio
• Wales & Wales – Marylebone Chairs for Benchmark
The show, which will attract over 25,000 visitors to Earl’s Court will also see the launch of the Design Guild Mark “Call for Entries 2014”. To find out more information about the submission procedure and view some of the awarded products please visit stand: S30.
William Knight, show director of 100% Design said: “Celebrating and promoting the very best of British production furniture is a central part of what defines 100% Design. Providing a platform for the Design Guild Mark is a great privilege for us, working with an amazing array of talent in both the chosen products and illustrious selection panel. This year’s selection promises to be a key highlight of The Gateway; a new feature celebrating UK design excellence at the heart of the show.”