May 11, 2015
Big Data set to transform facilities management, claims report
A new report available at www.researchandmarkets.com claims that the facilities management sector is set to become one of the main beneficiaries of Big Data Analytics, despite the fact that it is ‘not traditionally known as a high-tech industry’. The authors of the report, Big Data Analytics in Facilities Management claim that Big Data analytics (BDA) is ‘a powerful driver for change in business and operational models to enable better informed, smarter, and faster decisions…and leaders of integrated facilities management are at the forefront of exploring trends, technologies, and wider opportunities in pursuit of greater business value. The report mentions firms such Accenture, Google, Microsoft and Planon to show the impact of Big Data on intelligent facilities management.
While the authors acknowledge that FM is not traditionally viewed as particularly high tech:
- Leaders of integrated facilities management (IFM) are at the forefront of a constant exploration of trends, technologies, and wider opportunities in pursuit of greater business value. Amongst other things, this has brought an increasing interest in leveraging BDA in these companies.
- FM has seen a general trend towards managing facilities intelligently, e.g., with reduced workforce requirements or to generate additional benefits out of buildings through energy savings or optimisation/reduction of floor space – areas in which enhanced insight from BDA can provide value.
According to the report, ‘these trends imply the need to discover and develop tangible, concrete use cases to leverage the power of BDA in IFM firms.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Big Data Analytics in Facilities Management
3. BDA Fundamentals
– Volume, Variety, Velocity, and Veracity
– Key Sources of Big Data
– BDA Supplier Landscape
– Transition to Big Data-driven Business Intelligence
4. FM and BDA
– A Multibillion-dollar Industry, but Rarely Top of Mind
– European FM Market by Contract Type
– European IFM Market by Service Type
– FM Service Taxonomy
5. Exploring BDA Use Cases for FM
– Application Areas and Use Case Clusters Across Industries
– Application Areas and Use Case Clusters in IFM
– BDA Use Cases by FM Service
6. The Last Word
- Manhattan Software
- Tableau Software